Did you know that the household flea spray you’ve been using for years might no longer be available to you in the UK?
The law on household pesticides is changing, and the changes could have a big impact on your shopping habits. Especially if you are loyal to a particular brand.
So what do you need to know about the new EU pesticide laws which were announced last year?
All the manufacturers of the environmental flea sprays have had to seek permission to continue selling their product. Some popular brands will be removed from the market completely! Others will stay as they are, as they comply with the new laws. As for the rest, they are likely to be relaunched as a new formulation.
So which products are going to be affected?
• Acclaim – Cannot be sold after 2nd July 2018. Customers can still use until next year without breaking the law
• Staykil – Cannot be sold after 2nd July 2018. Customers can still use until next year without breaking the law
• Indorex – Can be sold until the end of 2018, likely to end in December 2018.
• Permaguard – Complies with new EU laws, no sales restrictions!
• Frontline Homeguard – Complies with new EU laws, no sales restrictions!
• RIP – Complies with new EU laws, no sales restrictions!
You may want to consider switching to Permaguard or one of the other EU compliant sprays.
If you are looking to stock up on Staykil before the July deadline, we are currently running a Buy 2 Pay For 1 deal. So make the most of it, because, after July 2nd, the product will no longer be available to buy.
If you have any questions about the law changes or want some help choosing a new spray, get in touch!